Most Read Articles on the Journal of Music (23–28 March)
1. 20 Musicians and Composers to be Commissioned by Music Network for Online Series
New works will be broadcast online from 8 April.
2. Digital Concert Planner: 23–29 March 2020
This week’s digital concerts from Monday to Sunday. To have your digital concert included next week (30 March–5 April), please add it to our listings.
3. Podcast: COVID-19 – What Now for Music and the Arts?
With so many music and arts events cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, how will the music world adjust, and has the health crisis now changed the live music scene for good?
4. There is No Going Back Now: Live Music and the Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic means we are going to witness another radical shift in music in the digital age, writes Toner Quinn.
5. Rockjam and Music Generation DLR Release Online Ukulele Course for Children and Young People
Course included 40 tutorial videos teaching the basics of playing and popular songs.
6. Finghin Collins and New Ross Piano Festival Launch Competition for Young Composers
Competition aimed at young composers aged fifteen to twenty-one.
7. Barry Kerr Announced as Recipient of Liam O’Flynn Award
Multi-instrumentalist and visual artist awarded a residency at the National Concert Hall.
8. COVID-19: Updates on Festivals and Events
A list of concerts and festivals postponed or cancelled due to the COVID-19 virus.
9. BBC Introducing Series Now Available Online
Series includes performances by British artists who were due to play SXSW.
10. RTÉ to Host Two-Week Online Music Series for Childline
Hozier, Wild Youth and Dermot Kennedy among those who will perform during the first week of the online series.
Published on 28 March 2020