Assistant Chair of Songwriting
Berklee College of Music invites nominations and applications for the position of Assistant Chair of the Songwriting Department.
The Assistant Chair will serve as an academic and administrative leader of the Department—working under the direction and supervision of the Chair. This is a 12-month administrative position. Initial appointment is for three years.
- Represent the Songwriting Department as an administrative leader on- and off-campus
- Advance the student experience and the work of the Department, Division, and College
- Advise students in the Songwriting Major
- Contribute to curriculum development, review, and management
- Assist with faculty and staff hires, development, mentoring, and evaluation
- Assist with the development of class schedules and teaching assignments for faculty
- Partner with the Chair to develop and advance Departmental goals
- Serve on Department, Division, and College committees
- Facilitate Department-sponsored guest artists and events
- Teach as required
- Maintain professional engagement to augment the Songwriting department brand
- Other duties as assigned
See further details at the link below.
NB: No deadline specified
Published on 13 March 2019