West Cork Music to Host Second Fiddle Retreat with Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh
West Cork Music has announced that the second Springboard fiddle retreat with Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh will take place next March.
Ó Raghallaigh, fiddle-player with The Gloaming and This is How We Fly, will be tutor-in-residence at the retreat which will be held at Linden House, Glengarriff, on the Beara Peninsula in Cork.
Springboard is aimed at competently skilled fiddlers who want to examine more fundamental questions around playing the fiddle, such as how you can put more feeling into your music, and how to find more freedom while playing. Areas of exploration include:
• Expanding your sonic palette: sidestepping fear and embracing failure
• Taking notes for granted: re-evaluating the commonplace
• Examining the principle of ‘play’
• Your fiddle as a tool for communication with other human beings
• Finding your aesthetic, developing and refining your personal concept of what is beautiful
• Parallel learning: funnelling freedoms found in other activities
The retreat, on 15–18 March, includes workshops and four nights’ accommodation and costs €475.
For more information and booking, visit www.westcorkmusic.ie/retreats/springboard