Finance Manager (6 Month Fixed‑term Contract)
A new position of Finance Manager will arise in April/May 2020 at the Irish Traditional Music Archive/Taisce Cheol Dúchais Éireann.
Post of Finance Manager of ITMA
A new position of Finance Manager will arise in April/May 2020 to manage and develop the organisation’s financial systems, administer an increasingly broad range of grants and applications, and to develop its fundraising and earning capacity.
Reporting to ITMA’s Director, the Audit Committee and The Board as required, the post will be offered on an initial 6 month fixed-term contract. It is hoped that this can be extended, subject to funding. Salary will be in the range of €33,028 to €52,766 gross per annum. This full-time position will be based at ITMA, 73 Merrion Square, Dublin 2, Ireland.
The incoming Financial Manager will:
- Be a qualified professional accountant;
- Implement financial and accounting IT systems;
- Possess an established track record of managing financial administration;
- Demonstrate experience implementing the regulatory and governance obligations in the charities sector;
- Have expertise in financial control, audit and governance;
- Contribute to ITMA’s developing fundraising policy, and engage in the Arts Council RAISE Tier 2 Programme with other staff.
The following skills and experience would be an advantage:
- Familiarity with the cultural/arts infrastructure within which ITMA operates in Ireland, and/or relevant knowledge of comparable cultural/arts structures elsewhere;
- Interest in Irish traditional music;
- Media and public presentation skills;
- Fundraising experience.
Deadline for applications will be 5 pm on Friday 10th April 2020. The application will comprise all of the following:
- A Cover Letter;
- A Curriculum Vitae;
- Names and contact details of two referees. References will only be taken up with express approval from candidates.
Applications, by email only, should be submitted to the ITMA Secretary, Róisín Ní Bhriain, at: roisin.nibhriain [at] itma.ie
Shortlisting will apply. Interviews will take place during April 2020. In light of COVID-19 restrictions, remote online-video interviews may need to be held.
The Irish Traditional Music Archive is an equal opportunities employer.
ITMA, The Irish Traditional Music Archive/Taisce Cheol Dúchais Éireann, is the national public reference archive and resource centre for the traditional song, instrumental music and dance of Ireland.
For further details please consult the relevant sections of the ITMA website www.itma.ie.