Visiting Assistant Professor of Musicology
The Moores School of Music at the University of Houston seeks candidates for a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor appointment for the academic year 2019-2020. Applicants for this position should be prepared to deliver courses in the musicology division, including but not limited to: a graduate seminar in research methods, a music history review class for incoming graduate students, a one-semester survey of early music (through the Baroque) to upper undergraduates, an elective musicology course to be decided.
Applicants for this position at the University of Houston’s Moores School of Music are expected to meet the following requirements:
– Hold the PhD in musicology and have experience teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level.
In addition, applicants for the position are expected to exhibit the following Core Values and demonstrate the Core Competencies listed below:
– Dedicated to excellence in the arts;
– Focused on student success;
– Team players who are willing to work across disciplines;
– Problem solvers;
– Models of integrity and collegiality with a commitment to diversity;
– Passionate, energetic, and tenacious
– The ability to attract resources, including grants or other external sources of support that advance the school’s mission;
– The ability to grow dynamic degree programs and recruit dynamic, top-tier students
See link below for further details.
Published on 25 June 2019