Music Festival Programming Intern
The SXSW Music Festival department is seeking one intern to assist the booking staff with day to day operations, artist evaluations, and data entry. Additional assistance with music related projects may be required. This position will provide hands on experience in artist programming of a large scale showcase music festival.
What you will learn:
– The evaluation process for potential artists and showcase presenters for an industry-focused music festival
– How things are planned and coordinated within the SXSW Music Festival
– How to communicate with artists and their teams on a wide scale of topics
– How to use various software specific to our operations
– Have a love of music and an open mind to different genres
– Have an interest in working within the music industry
– Be familiar with Microsoft Office and Excel
– Have experience using FileMaker Pro (not required)
– Have excellent communication skills (phone, email and conversation)
– Have excellent organizational skills
– Be able to communicate in other languages (a plus but not required)
Applicants MUST be enrolled in a college or university.
See link below for further details.
Published on 24 June 2019