Programmes Manager with the Irish Association of Youth Orchestras
The Irish Association of Youth Orchestras is seeking applications for the role of Programmes Manager (maternity cover).
Reporting to the CEO, this role is an excellent opportunity for someone who loves working with music and musicians to get involved in organising courses and concerts for groups such as the Irish Youth Wind Ensemble and the Irish Youth Baroque Orchestra, managing the annual Festival of Youth Orchestras, working with member orchestras and musicians on training courses and providing members and young musicians with resources through our music library and instrument bank.
The application deadline is Friday, 05 January 2024 at 20:00 Irish Standard Time. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Location: Civic Trust House, 50 Pope's Quay, Cork and on-site at our courses and events. A blended approach to work will be considered.
Contract: Temporary full-time (35 hours per week).
The main aspects of the role include:
• Working with our artistic directors and collaborators in planning and on-site management of courses and performance tours for young people;
• Managing the annual Festival of Youth Orchestras at the National Concert Hall;
• Developing and managing courses and workshops for youth orchestras and their facilitators;
• Overseeing the maintenance and development of our instrument bank, music library and other resources;
• Overseeing the daily work of our Administrator and our Marketing and Communications Officer in their contributions to our programmes and feeding into performance reviews for those staff;
• Working with IAYO members and young people to inform the future development of our activities and resources;
• Attending concerts and events and representing IAYO to our stakeholders.
For the role of Programmes Manager, we are seeking a person with a passion for music and for enabling young people to participate in ensemble music-making who enjoys working as part of a flexible and committed team.
We are looking for someone that can lead in the delivery of our programme of events, activities and resources, work collegially with artistic directors and artistic staff, manage course staff and volunteers and be responsible for the well-being of the young people in our care.
For further information on the role, please download the application pack via the iayo.ie website.
How to Apply:
The application deadline is Friday, 05 January 2024 at 20:00 Irish Standard Time. Interview offers will be made on or before Tuesday, 09 January 2024.
Application for this post is by application form and cover letter. You can download the application form on iayo.ie.
Interviews will take place on Monday, 15 January 2024 at the IAYO office in Cork. Online interviews may be offered to eligible candidates.
The position will commence on Monday, 19 February 2024 with an anticipated two-week handover with the current programmes manager.
The Irish Association of Youth Orchestras is the national support and resource organisation for youth orchestras in Ireland.
Membership of the Association is open to all Youth Orchestras in Ireland, whether linked to a school, a school of music, a college or university, or to an independent or community-based organisation.
IAYO represents over 5,000 young musicians in 108 youth orchestras in Ireland and assists in the development of youth orchestras in all parts of the country.