Content Discovery Manager – BBC Sounds
BBC Sounds, the digital audio platform for radio, music, and podcasts, is looking for a Digital Audience Growth Manager to join its Content Discovery team. The role will be instrumental in the digital transformation of radio, aiding linear stations to prioritise digital strategies. While Salford is the preferred location for the role, other locations may be considered.
– Develop innovative tactics and strategies to expand BBC Sounds’ regular, weekly audience, trialling new ideas, determining their effectiveness, and establishing best practices.
– Collaborate with major BBC radio brands and podcasts to increase their audiences on BBC Sounds.
– Work closely with Marketing, Social Media, Editorial, and Product teams to deliver multidisciplinary projects and align goals and working methods.
– Utilise audience data to inform proposed strategies and tactics, and report on successes or lessons learned.
– Demonstrable experience in growing the audience for a digital product.
– Ability to confidently lead complex digital projects with cross-discipline teams and manage stakeholders with competing needs.
– Excellent communication skills to explain data and complex ideas to a range of audiences.
– Data-savvy, comfortable with spreadsheets and dashboards, and able to use audience data to inform growth plans for BBC Sounds.
– Experience collaborating with product and engineering teams to meet audience needs.
– Likely experience in the radio, podcast, or music industries.
– Innovative, willing to try new things, and able to learn from successes and failures.
– Tenacious in promoting new ideas in the face of traditional working methods.
– Committed to the BBC’s public service values and interested in their application to digital products.
See link below for further details.