NCH International Master Course
The inaugural NCH International Master Course for advanced piano and string musicians, led by Artistic Directors Finghin Collins (piano) and Gwendolyn Masin (violin), will run from Tuesday 6th to Sunday 11th of August 2019.
Irish and international participants will have the opportunity to enjoy solo and chamber music coaching at the highest level from a faculty of acclaimed professional musicians; Finghin Collins (piano), Gwendolyn Masin (violin) together with Kirill Troussov (violin), Maxim Rysanov (viola) and Miklós Perényi (cello). The wealth of their combined experience is outstanding, providing a unique and rare opportunity for young musicians.
Dates: Tuesday 6th - Sunday 11th August 2019
Instruments: piano, violin, viola, cello
Fees: €600, accommodation not included
Deadline: 5pm, 28th March 2019
Students will receive at least five coaching sessions with the faculty and will also enjoy performance opportunities as there will be two public concerts; one for students and a mixed concert comprising both participants and faculty.
A number of scholarships will be available to selected participants, including one Irish participant. There are two scholarships valued at €600 and one valued at €1,000.
Two students – one violinist and one violist - will be selected by the artistic directors during the course to receive a bow made by Ivano Conti, the revered Swiss-Italian instrument maker.
Terms and Conditions:
- The deadline for applications is 5pm on 28th March 2019. This is the date by which all applications must be received.
- A maximum of 32 participants will be accepted, approximately 6 pianists, 12 violinists, 7 violists and 7 cellists. Pre-formed ensembles are also welcome.
- The fee for the NCH International Master Course is €600 (50% of which is payable upon acceptance).
- Successful applicants will be notified by 30th April 2019.
- Applicants should be performing at Bachelor of Music level or higher. A select number of younger, gifted students may also be accepted.
For full details visit the link below.
Published on 22 January 2019