Most Read Articles on the Journal of Music (16–22 March)
1. COVID-19: How to Apply for the Government’s Emergency Unemployment Payment
Employees and self-employed who have lost work due to the pandemic can receive €203 per week.
2. COVID-19: Fund for Artists Receives 400 Applications in 9 Hours
Civic Theatre to undertake another round of fundraising in order to support more artists.
3. Podcast: ‘New Music in Irish… Means the Language is Alive’: An Interview with Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh
Editor Toner Quinn speaks to singer and flute-player Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh about her new recording ‘Thar Toinn’ / ‘Seaborne’, her musical upbringing, the years with the group Danú, and what inspires her work.
4. COVID-19 / UK: Update on Festivals and Events
A list of concerts and festivals postponed or cancelled in the UK due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
5. COVID-19: Updates on Festivals and Events
A list of concerts and festivals postponed or cancelled in Ireland due to the COVID-19 virus.
6. The More Things Change
Dublin rap artist Lethal Dialect has recently released ‘LD50 Part 3’, the third release in his LD50 project documenting the split in modern Ireland’s social fabric. Andrea Cleary reviews.
8. COVID-19: Cork International Choral Festival Cancelled
Major annual festival for Irish and international choirs was set to take place from 29 April to 3 May.
9. Podcast: The Next Twenty Years of New Music in Ireland – What Do We Need to Do?
A live recording of a panel discussion at the recent New Music Dublin festival at the National Concert Hall.
10. Podcast: Finding Your Voice as a Folk Singer: An Interview with Daoirí Farrell
Dublin folk singer Daoirí Farrell speaks to Toner Quinn about starting to sing publicly in his twenties, his recent recordings, and the singers and musicians that have influenced him.
Published on 22 March 2020