Applications are invited for the role of Administrator of the Dublin International Piano Competition (DIPC).
The inaugural Dublin International Piano Competition was held in 1988 and has continued triennially, with the most recent competition held in May 2022. Since its foundation, the Competition has grown in stature, and now ranks among the most important piano competitions in the world.
The next Competition will be held in Dublin in May 2025.
The Administrator will work with the Executive Director and the Artistic Director to plan the Competition and the role will include the following:
- All administrative duties, including typing and sending of all written correspondence through emails, mail merge and letters, answering all calls, filing, stationery ordering, issuing receipts etc.
- Populate, maintain and update all databases through Microsoft Excel.
- All administrative duties for the Friends of the DIPC
- Working with the Executive Director and Artistic Director on fundraising efforts on behalf of DIPC, to include the preparation of business plans / fundraising proposals and following up with sponsors and funders
- Communicating with the Department of Culture regarding regular funding
- Drawing up the budget for the three-year cycle of the Competition and preparing cash flow reports for Board meetings.
- Preparation and planning of all recital engagements for the 1st prize winner and other prize winners of the DIPC
- Preparation and planning of the DIPC Finlay and Foley programmes, to include entries, programme, venue booking, and all relevant administration
- Preparation of all programmes and projects, including attendance at concerts/recitals, promotion, organising seat allocations and distribution of tickets.
- Updating content of DIPC Social Media platforms.
- Completing the marketing form for all DIPC National Concert Hall events, to include ticket pricing, booking protocols, programme advertising/flyers and NCH digital advertising.
- Management of DIPC social media platforms, to include content postings, updating, and maximisation of the platforms.
- Arranging and booking flights and accommodation where needed for International Jury, previous winners etc.
- Supervision, management and training of Ushers, Competitor Escorts and Box Office staff during Competition.
- Admission and registration of successful applicants for the Irish and International competitions, through the Acceptd application platform.
- Dealing and corresponding with over 200 International candidates. Auditing their applications and extracting data for the DIPC 72 page programme.
- Completing correspondence requested by the Ireland Funds America America in relation to U.S. donations and filing reports on the use of funds received as requested by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Processing monthly credit card payments on behalf of DIPC Friends
- Processing payment of DIPC phone, broadband and other utility charges.
Qualifications and Skills
Ideal candidates should have experience in an administrative capacity, have basic accountancy skills, be a self-starter, have proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and be comfortable in working for and supporting the DIPC with a high-quality, detail-conscious approach to the work and role.
The Administrator will work at the Competition offices in Bray, Co. Wicklow and can also work some hours from home, if desired. The time requirement will be two days per week until September 2024 and three days per week between September 2024 and June 2025, after which the situation will be reviewed.
The remuneration scale is €18,000 p.a. (2 days per week), with a rising scale for three days per week (both days / scale subject to discussion and agreement in advance by DIPC).
The Application Process
If you believe you have the drive, passion and experience necessary to take on this challenging role, you should forward a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and an accompanying personal statement outlining your career to date, and how you meet the requirements of the position to info [at] dipc.ie.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday, April 24 2023.
The DIPC is an equal opportunities employer.