Considerable conducting experience, and will be currently undertaking professional conducting engagements
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and develop harmonious and positive working relationships with a diverse range of people
• Strong leadership qualities and communication skills both on and off the platform
• The ability to work under pressure and cope with a wide range of repertoire in a minimum turn-around time
• The ability to understand and to speak English
• Citizenship of the 28 countries having full membership of the European Union.
Honorarium of up to £12,000, to include at least two concerts and any required rehearsals
The post holder will:
• Receive regular mentoring from the CBSO’s Osborn Music Director, Associate Conductor, Guest Conductors, Chorus Director, Section Leaders and Senior Management Team
• Act as the first point of consultation on balance issues
• Provide rehearsal notes to the conductors
• Conduct a number of CBSO public concerts as specified by the CBSO Planning Manager. Dates already confirmed are Sunday 14 May 2017 and Wednesday 28 June 2017.
• Benefit from choral conducting opportunities
• Lead piano rehearsals with soloists & singers
• Conduct off-stage musicians as required
• Take sectionals and training rehearsals for CBSO Youth Orchestra
• Be part of CBSO recruitment process by sitting on Audition Panels
• Gain a 360°understanding of the management departments and practices
• Help decide acoustic door settings for Symphony Hall and acoustic banners for CBSO Centre
• Speak to media representatives and act as spokesperson to promote the CBSO
• Attend stakeholder events and cultivate relationships with CBSO supporters
• Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be requested from time to time.
For more, visit https://goo.gl/Idsu2N