Music Programming Manager – Kids and Family
We are looking for a broadly experienced Music Programmer to join Spotify’s global Music team in New York. You will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening experiences for a multitude of our kids and family offering and demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
– Identify and substantiate content hypotheses for specific audiences and different segments.
– Be part of a global team of Content specialists specifically working to make Spotify a better experience for our youngest users.
– Curate and maintain a large number of playlists, for a global audience
– Review catalogues of music across a multitude of genres and evaluate programming potential
– Stay up to date with trends and culture within the Kids & Family segment, and translate them to compelling music propositions
– Using quantitative and qualitative data, analyse and understand consumer behaviour.
– Create fun and creative content themes and concepts tailored for Kids and families.
– Working with our Global Editorial Team, and other cross-functional teams in the company, to progress towards various content objectives
– Work from our office in New York reporting to the global Programming Lead, Kids & Family.
Who you are:
– You have previous experience from working in the music, media or entertainment industry
– You have experience programming content (i.e. video, music, apps) specifically targeting younger audiences.
– Passionate about all kinds of music – from a wide array of genres, styles and eras
– The ideal candidate speaks at least two languages fluently. Chinese, Japanese and Spanish are particularly interesting.
– Previous experience in Gaming or from a Kids/Family app developer is valued highly.
– Ability and willingness to work with and respond to data and analytics. Ideal candidates have experience from using Insights/Analytics tools and dashboards (i.e. Tableau) in their day-to-day.
– Strong propensity to take initiative and thrive on change
– You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
See link below for further details.