Music Programme Coordinator
You will support all aspects off the work of the music team and will be the first point of contact for artists, organisations and other music sector professionals. Your main responsibilities will include providing project support for British Council music projects, including organising travel and visas for music professionals, engaging on British Council projects, preparing guest lists and making arrangements for internal and external events, processing contracts, creating and processing purchase orders and invoices and providing corporate process support as required.
You will also be responsible for managing the contacts database and other aspects of record keeping and evaluation; handling external queries to Music department; assisting with proofing Selector, the British Council’s weekly radio show and diary management and arranging travel for senior members of the music team. You will liaise with the team and the comms and Social Media manager and assist with music department communications including social media and website.
You will have a keen understanding of the music sector; this role also supports music team communications and you must be able to represent the team as first port of call for enquiries. You will liaise with the team and the comms and the Social Media Manager and assist with music department communications including social media and website.
Main opportunity and challenges for this role:
– Managing and competing demands on time and resource
– Proactive management of purchase order and invoice processing within a large corporate system
– Maintaining up to date records of contacts and activity to support music programming and evaluation
– Maintain good relationship across art from groups and business support teams (especially finance, IT and facilities)
– Ensuring projects run smoothly and to plan, working alongside programme manager to achieve this
– Build knowledge across all genres of the UK music sector, live, recorded and broadcast
– Works closely with the Communications manager in music team to devise strategy and use analytics to tailor content.
What we require of the successful candidate:
– You will have experience of administration for example organising travel, finance, events and diary management
– Excellent knowledge of and interest in UK music sector and a wide range of contemporary UK music
– Passion for Music and Arts and some relevant work experience in this.
See link below for further details.
Published on 17 June 2019