Streaming and Playlist Manager
Universal Strategic Marketing (USM), is responsible for Universal Music Group’s global catalog for all the companie’s labels excluding Classical, whom the team also works closely with.
Your role will include being responsible for content decisions by crunching large data sets, analyzing the results, and gaining insight across Label Relations, Artist Services, Licensing and Content Operations within the group. It is a role that requires strong communication skills across the various central, territory teams at USM as well as other parts of the UMG business.
– Identifying marketing & commercial opportunities for the creation & marketing of playlists, playlist brands & streaming with a focus of driving UMGI market share
– Create and collaborate on Global marketing campaigns across all streaming partners
– Using insights, analytics & consumer insights to inform effective playlisting initiatives, marketing & commercial decisions
– Detailed analysis to understand the complexities of playlist behaviors across all consumer types
– Work closely with USM teams around the world, identifying growth areas and react to analytics & consumer demand
– Manage & allocate ad inventory to maximize effective playlisting opportunities
– Analyze & share the effects of marketing initiatives responding quickly to changes required
– Devise & implement initiatives to grow premium user bases, converting users from ad funded access
– Create basic advertising assets (banners, HPTOs and radio ads) & traffic assets to media partners
– Working closely with digital account leads to maximize opportunities across business partners
– Work with brand partner teams to develop new playlist opportunities
– Develop & integrate robust social strategies to grow playlist engagement & market share
– Liaising with global stakeholder teams, label teams and Artist Management representatives to grow playlisting to set KPI’s.
– Identify new ways to market & grow UMG existing & new playlist brands including uDiscover Music & Digster
– Learn & share best practices across USM teams
– A passion for all a wide range of music genres & styles including new release & catalog
– Solid marketing experience within demonstrable experience of streaming and subscription services
– Proven experience in marketing practices to aid growth & acquire audiences
– Credible worker, able to work with numerous stakeholders.
– Ability to work with a global team understanding local cultural differences
– Self-motivated and conscientious
– Good understanding of consumer insights & segmentation practices
– Comfortable using data & analytics to inform key decisions
– Very good communication skills
– A good knowledge of Universal’s catalog repertoire would be an advantage
– A second European language also advantageous
– Good understanding of A&R & product development
– Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite (CS6)
– A good understanding of metadata & digital supply chain processes
– Advanced Excel user
See link below for further details.
Published on 17 April 2019