Music Licensing Executive
This role is an opportunity to join Sky Europe in their Isleworth office and work within the Music Licensing Team.
– Manage a broad range of day-to-day clearance requests, from internal and external production clients, via multiple routes including the music licensing team email inbox and Soundmouse;
– Undertake sync licence negotiations with music rights owners to secure the optimum commercial and rights positions for Sky;
– Be responsible for key account management Sky’s commissioned programming (scripted and non-scripted), involving regular contact with independent production companies/music supervisors and handling their individual programming and licensing queries for UK transmission and worldwide sales and distribution
– Seek out and form effective relationships within key internal business areas: Sky Sports, Sky Entertainment and News, Sky Creative, Marketing – and externally, with our joint venture broadcast partners and advertising agencies and work closely on daily, business critical music clearance requests.
– Work closely with colleagues in the Sky Music Department to ensure the best inter-team collaboration and support mechanisms are in place, with a view to achieving great solutions together when issues arise;
– Ensure the smooth implementation and running of the Soundmouse licensing system to new users (internal and external), including raising support calls and identifying meaningful development items;
– Be undertaking ad-hoc analysis and tasks as required by the Music Department or directed by the Director of Music Services and deputising for the Head of Music Licensing as required
– Attend music/synch industry networking events to build on the great relationships/expand the network Sky already has in place with a plethora of music publishers and record companies;
– Skilled and proven negotiation skills with knowledge of UK record labels & music publishers and experience of working with music blanket agreements;
– A detailed knowledge of music copyright and understanding of music licensing agreements;
– Highly-organised skills with the capability to manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced broadcast/commercial environment with challenging edit/delivery deadlines;
– A clear and passionate understanding of Sky’s programming content and products;
– Established networking and great communication skills (both oral and written) – plus the ability to approach colleagues confidently, whatever their level in the business;
– Software skills – used MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Previous Soundmouse and PRS Repfinder experience is beneficial.
See link below for further details.
Published on 16 April 2019