Manager, Music Administration
The Manager, Music Administration will assist in music preparation for JALC concerts and events, and the tracking of music library archival information. Reporting directly to the Director, Music Administration, he/she will assist in the management of day-to-day operations of the JALC Print Music Library, be responsible for post-event digital music library edits, and facilitate print publishing projects. This role will also supervise the work of a roster of part-time library assistants and interns. Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and have the ability manage multiple tasks and projects.
– Assist in management of day-to-day operations of the JALC Print Music Library. Work with Music Administration, Director and Assistant Director to create and execute short-term and long-term goals and projects.
– Manage and execute post-event music edits in the digital print music library files. Manage the creation and tracking of paper/digital backups of print music library.
– Assist with input of music into the library and detailed listings in custom database, utilizing given formatting guides for all information within music library entries. Execute post-event setlist tracking in custom database for concerts and tours.
– Supervise work of part-time music library assistants and interns. Work with HR and Music Administration teams to source and select candidates for 2-4 interns per year.
– Work with Director to track expenses and staff hours for concerts and projects.
– Assist with execution of all music preparation needs for JALC concerts, tours and events, including working with Musical Directors for planning set lists, preparing sheet music and folders for rehearsal and performances, staffing rehearsals and concerts, timing music, and providing related set list and program materials for musicians and production/hall staff.
– Manage all music preparation for Jazz for Young People and Essentially Ellington content and performances.
– Assist in researching and locating original music for concerts and tours.
– Prepare print music prior to concert and tour rehearsals.
– Proof Playbill materials for accuracy of program details.
– Fulfill music librarian and additional touring roles on domestic and international tours with the Jazz at Lincoln Center ensembles as needed.
– Bachelor’s degree required in music theory or related field with a minimum of three years’ experience working in a performance music library. Experience managing part-time staff required.
– Knowledge of jazz music and the artists and professionals in the jazz business.
– Excellent organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
– Working knowledge of Finale required. Proficiency in Sibelius and music notation standards helpful.
– Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and ability to learn new software as needed.
– Ability to take initiative and work independently.
– Ability to function as a team player and work collaboratively.
– Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work graciously in a fast-paced environment.
– High level of motivation, persistence and patience in working with diverse groups of people.
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including pleasant and effective phone etiquette.
– A willingness and availability to work occasional weekends and evening as required.
– A willingness and availability to travel as needed for light touring.
See link below for further details.
Published on 13 June 2019