Editor/Producer/Journalist, Music Stage
Web Summit seeks a Music Stage Editor/Producer/Journalist, to be based in Toronto.
As a member of the speaker team for the Music Stage at Web Summit you will be given journalistic autonomy in your area to bring together the most interesting people and stories in the world, pairing them with leading journalists who interview our speakers on stage.
You are the editor of your stage, and will determine what themes, content and news stories are covered before the event, covered onstage at the event and covered in the weeks and months after each event.
Only at Web Summit will a Head of State, Fortune 500 CEO and Hollywood Actor come together, and you will help define what news they create.
What you’ll achieve:
– You’ll produce the best onstage content in the world for our Music Stage.
– You’ll develop a high profile network of technology leaders, Prime Ministers, politicians and leading figures across several other industries.
– Grow to become a leader of our events across the world, being the central point of contact for that event.
– You will create global headlines for the world’s leading publications and broadcasters.
– You’ll acquire the highest-calibre speakers in the world like Margrete Vestager, Al Gore or Elon Musk.
– Offstage you’ll curate the highest-level experiences for the most influential speakers.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
– Contacts - You can acquire and maintain high-level contacts across numerous industries
– Persuasive - You believe in something and can make others believe in it too.
– Sharp editorial sense - You can spot a trend or story before others.
– Quick learner - You’re able to get up to speed on new subject areas quickly and identify key issues and target speakers.
– Tech Knowledge - You understand and can give examples of how technology is fundamentally changing the world and you have a working knowledge of the tech industry.
– Ambitious - You are driven to improve and you will never settle for second best.
See link below for further details.
NB: no deadline specified.