Seattle Symphony seeks a Discovery Coordinator.
Discovery Coordinators provide administrative and event support to the Seattle Symphony Education and Community Engagement Department and Octave 9: Raisbeck Music Center.
The successful candidate will be a team player, effective communicator, and have the flexibility to work empathetically with a wide variety of people from different social backgrounds. They will be a strong creative thinker, who loves to work with people. They must be highly organized and demonstrate the ability to provide excellent customer service both internally and externally.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritize, and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to complete all tasks on schedule, thoroughly and accurately
– Excellent customer service skills required
– Computer experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Tessitura desired
– Willing to work flexible hours – evenings and weekends required
Discovery Coordinators are expected work up to 20-hours per week. Evening and weekend availability is required, some events are off-site (not at Benaroya Hall).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
– General Administrative
– Provide excellent customer service to all guests and audiences at Benaroya Hall
– Direct phone calls, emails and in-person communication
– Participate in planning, training and feedback meetings
– Event Support
– Assist in event setup, execution and tear down
– Support ticket office and front of house staff in welcoming guests
– Create great customer experiences by answering questions, attending to needs, and quickly and effectively solving problems
– Collaborate with program managers to prepare materials for events in advance; including tracking supplies and keeping craft inventory organized
– Instrument Exploration
– Properly store and maintain instruments for exploration
– Demonstrate and engage youth in experiences with instruments from each instrument family
See link below for further details.
Published on 18 April 2019