The ten-day West Cork Chamber Music Festival is Ireland’s leading chamber music festival with strong links to the major European festivals. It consists of over 40 concerts featuring over 100 musicians, an extensive masterclass programme, a Fringe and an important Instrument Makers Exhibition. West Cork Music (WCM) also produces the West Cork Literary and Masters of Tradition festivals as well as managing two schools programmes.
WCM is seeking a Programme Coordinator primarily to work with the Festival Director on preparing and managing the 25th and subsequent chamber music festivals. The main duties are managing communications with artists and their agents; scheduling rehearsals; managing all logistics and contracts for the Festival; and general office administration.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in the detailed management of a major international festival and to be responsible for its smooth running.
The main role of the Programme Coordinator will be to work with the CEO in the programming and organisation of the West Cork Chamber Music Festival. The Festival consists of nearly 80 events over ten days including 40 concerts featuring major international artists, over twenty masterclasses, an exhibition by instrument makers, interviews and talks.
The 2019 Festival runs from 28 June – 7 July. West Cork Music also produces the West Cork Literary Festival (12 – 20 July 2019) and Masters of Tradition (21 – 25 August 2019)
Applicants for this post must have their own transport, a full driving licence and be prepared to be based in West Cork. Remuneration will be according to qualifications and experience.
Hours of work are normally 9am to 5pm, that is 35 hours per week with one hour for lunch. Holidays are 21 days/year plus all Public Holidays.
Closing date for applications will be midnight 28 March. Short-listed applicants will be interviewed within a week. Applicants should be able to commence work on 4 June for a 6-week handover including the Festival.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce and process all correspondence and contracts for artists involved in the West Cork Chamber Music Festival.
- Liaise with agents and musicians and organise travel and accommodation as appropriate
- Manage the planning and coordination of logistics for the Chamber Music Festival
- Manage the rehearsal schedules during the Festival
- Coordinate evaluation and documentation of events, in line with funders’ requirements.
- Contribute to updating of website and social media
- Manage the Festival archive
- Support Festival Director and team in meeting multiple deadlines
- Assist Festival Director in developing opportunities to attend national/international concerts/festivals.
The following qualifications and skills are necessary:
- Role would suit a musician with an interest in concert programming and seeking a career in music administration
- Proficiency in computer packages, managing and developing Excel spreadsheets and contracts with a strict attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills to include ability to update web sites and social media platforms
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines both as part of a team and on own initiative
- Proven track record of the above
- Willingness to work unsocial hours
Applicants should submit a detailed current CV, with two referees and a thoughtful cover letter setting out the qualities they could bring to the role. Applications by e-mail to coomkeen [at] westcorkmusic.ie by midnight 28 March.
Published on 12 March 2019